Re: which trigger to catch the event of LOV?

From: Guoming <n2458918_at_sparrow.qut.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:04:02 +1000

> There is a LOV connected to empno item in emp_blk block. The problem is that
> once I select a value from LOV, and then press 'ok' on the LOV, at that time,
> I would like to execute query ( automatically, not press QUERY - EXECUTE ),
> all values ( ename, job, sal ) will be shown on the forms immediately. Which
> trigger can do this job? Is it possible? And Execute_Query is a restricted
> procedure.

You may have to check the SYSTEM.MODE status to determine whether the user has entered the ENTER-QUERY mode or not, and do a execute_query if it it is that mode, or else you set it using code. Also guard against NULL selections.

Cheers Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 06:04:02 CEST

Original text of this message