HELP: I need a Equation Builder that works on the server, Does One Exist?

From: Alex Apostolou <alex_at_apostolou.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:35:28 +0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are building a system which requires the integration of a tool to support [Quoted] advanced users and administrators in defining and maintaining their own [Quoted] equations to flexibly compute site environmental, health and safety data requirements. The tool must:
[Quoted] [Quoted] * provide support for a mix of sampled data, user-defined variables and
constants, and other equations.
[Quoted] * provide support for time sensitive equations, variables and constants.
    [Quoted]
  • be able to compute results in real-time and when scheduled;

Allow user to specify the following attributes of an equation:
* Equation Name and Description;

  • Equation version (to support time sensitive validity);
  • User defined Variables;
  • User defined Constants (to support time sensitive validity);
  • Full range of arithmetic, statistical, scientific operators (need further specification); [Quoted]
  • Inclusion of other equations;
  • Parentheses to support ordered resolution of single equations;
  • Ordering to support the evaluation for multi-component equations;
  • Allow copy and paste of existing equations;
  • On-demand or scheduled invocation;

Ideally, the stored equations will reside as PL/SQL.

Does such a tool exist?

Thanks and regards
Alex Apostolou Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 06:35:28 CEST

Original text of this message