Database/System Monitoring Software

From: CD <vltjd_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:43:19 -0400

[Quoted] I am in the early stages of reviewing Unix/database monitoring software.I
am considering BMC Patrol, Quest IWatch, Savant QSensor/QDiag, Platinum
ProVision, Oracle Performance/Diag Pack.

I am requesting infomation that would help me determine my selection.

I have looked at BMC Patrol; it seems heavy on the configuration side. Also notstraight forward when creating different consoles, at different stages
of development. When you create a console you start out with everything,then have to prune the unwanted areas. I was looking for an approach where you start with no monitors and add them as your experience level advances. Received on Mon May 24 1999 - 03:43:19 CEST

Original text of this message