Re: Problem with NULL in LOV

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 22 May 1999 17:20:41 GMT

In article <3741c3a3.12589723_at_news.int.westgroup.com>,  <ppiotrowski_at_riag.com> wrote:
> Within my form I have a field validated against a LOV. I have a
>POST_UPDATE trigger that I want to fire for this field. However if
>the user makes the field NULL by deleting the text that was there, the
>trigger never fires.
>
>Does anyone know how I can still use validation against an LOV but
>allow a NULL value to be acceptable also. I'm not sure why setting
>the field to NULL causes the trigger to not fire either.

Your validation is working fine. It is the Post-update trigger that is the problem. What is wrong with using a when-validate-item trigger in place of the post-update? It will run immediately after the LOV is used to populate/validate the field, and will run even if your field is null.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Sat May 22 1999 - 19:20:41 CEST

Original text of this message