Are primary keys always needed?

From: <cshspcp_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:18:03 GMT

Hi everyone,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I believe that all tables in a relational database should have primary keys. At least in theory, that's how is supposed to be.

[Quoted] So, I need some practical examples (let's not talk theory here), as answers to the following questions:

  1. Are there any cases in which a primary key is not required for a [Quoted] table? Or, Is there any good justification for having a table with NO primary key? [Quoted]
  2. If a data model as some tables with no primary keys, does this mean that the model is NOT a GOOD data model, or is NOT AS GOOD AS it could be?

Thanks in advance,

Rene Pezo.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 22:18:03 CEST

Original text of this message