forms5.0 multiple display columns

From: <kaiserrj_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:10:38 GMT

Hey all,

How would coordinate the same data to be displayed in more than one vertical display (multiple blocks?)

My app makes date values, and since dates have little physical width, I'd like to have more than one display column (if I use 1 [vertical] block, I can only fit 12-or-so dates, but I've got room for 3 of these blocks in the width of the form.

What I've got: | What I'm shoot'in for
[dates block] | [another one] [another one]

Since it's all the same data, I'd like it to act like a continuous .

                 (record
  ANumber AValue sequence)  ANumber AValue
       1   A      |    - >        5   A
       2   W      |  /   |        6   E
       3   L      | /    v
       4   M      v

Note: Number of records is variable (0 to > 300)

(can't base blocks on literal data values)
(navigation should allow the columns to
appear like they are one block including down-up-and scroll bars )

Has anyone done this? It seems like it'd be a common desire, but I can't find anything -
except some scroll bar issues.

As always, thanks-a-bunch for any suggestions.

Rich rkaiser_at_uts.itron.com
Disclaim: this is not my employer's stuff.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 20 1999 - 15:10:38 CEST

Original text of this message