Problems with TEXT_IO package

From: luca <lcontino_at_uniroma3.it>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:29:58 +0200

Hi, I have this problem.

I need to read some data from a file on the client file-system, for manipulating and importing them in a server database table. I wrote a PL/SQL procedure, and for accessing to the file-system I used the TEXT_IO package.

Running the procedure in "SQL*Plus release 3.3.4.0.0" I got an error message for every reference to the TEXT_IO package, sounding like this:

PLS-00201 : identifier 'TEXT_IO.GETLINE' must be declared

The same procedure running under the interpreter of Procedure Builder rel 2.0 worked fine.

Someone could explain this ? Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 13:29:58 CEST

Original text of this message