Creating a Sequence in Developer 2000 version 2 - Form Builder

From: OneZerO <onezero_at_post1.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:55:46 +1000

[Quoted] Hi all,

Firstly, let me thank you for taking time to read my posting. I'm a beginner [Quoted] in develop application using Oracle Developer 2000. For my application, i need to create a sequence for a few items (e.g Order_no) and I have create [Quoted] these in my database.

In the Form builder, under the Properties of Order_No, i have set the "Initial Value" to ":sequence.order_no.nextval" where order_no is my sequence that i have declared in the database. Yes, this does generates the [Quoted] sequence, however when the Form is executed, even if i didn't create a new [Quoted] record, and mainly trying to do a query, the sequence will still skip to the [Quoted] next value when i re-run the form again the next time.

How do i overcome this problem? Your help is greatly appreaciated, Thanks in advance

Cheers
Evelyn Received on Wed May 19 1999 - 11:55:46 CEST

Original text of this message