PRO*C : fetching n rows without getting their content

From: Herve lemaitre <buserror_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 19:08:28 +0200

[Quoted] Hi all

I am developping a Motif application showing Oracle 7 tables content. Tables may be very large, so I don't want to load all the table content at the beginning. My idea was to load datas only when it is needed. To do that I have implemented a function that has to load n rows, starting at row i. But I don't know how to fetch the i first rows, and then get the rows between i and i+n. Is it possible in Pro*C or PL/SQL, or does I have to study another solution ?

Thanks in advance

Herve

--
Herve Lemaitre
mail perso : buserror_at_club-internet.fr

- Quel est votre but dans la vie ?
- Prendrrre du boon temps, touut le tempzzz....