Re: Question about Package DBMS_SPACE

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 19:53:34 +0100

Based on the actual performance it is clear that it cannot be doing this, but I have never checked exactly what it does do.

My assumption is that it reads the segment header block to find the high water mark, and the start of the free lists/free list groups, and then runs along the linked listed of the free list to count free blocks up to the limit you have specified.

--

Jonathan Lewis