Webdb--Need restart?

From: Sean Zhang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:36:52 GMT

Hello, Everyone,

I am currently testing Webdb 2.0 in Solaris 2.6 with Oracle 8i.

One problem I encountered so far is : When the Oracle DB is shutdown for COLD backup and STARTUP later, we can NOT log on to the Webdb
site ( Looks like No Listener at all), What I need to make the Webdb listener
work again is --- I kill Webdb process and restart it. ( I know Webdb is a root
process).

Question: Must Weddb listener be restarted after the database goes

                  through a cold backup ( shutdown-startup)?  If it's so, is
there
                  a clean way to shutdown the Webdb listener ? (Something
like

%> wdbstop hostname 80 ).

Thank you in advance.

Sean Zhang
mailto:sean_at_cnfei.com Received on Fri May 14 1999 - 16:36:52 CEST

Original text of this message