Re: Forms 3.0 - disable user input

From: Christian Mondrup <scancm_at_biobase.dk>
Date: 14 May 1999 11:10:32 GMT

analyst_user_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
: I'm using Forms 3.0 and I have a form with 2 blocks.
: The first block is a query block. The second block is populated from a
: cursor.

: The user is able to go to the second block and scroll up and down
: through the rows of the cursor.

: The problem is that when the user types in something the data in the
: field is overwritten. How can I make it so the user can only scroll
: through the data and not be able to type over anything?

Set all the fields to be non-enterable and non-updateable and then add an extra enterable control field with a width of one character. This field is the one enterable field needed in the block. If you want you could also set the non-echoed attribute of this field.

: --== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
: ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus