Re: Forms 3.0 - Forms available to other users

From: <RTProffitt_at_beckman.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:15:21 GMT

Does the other user have all the same rights to the underlying database items and queries and tables in the forms as the first user?

Also, it is possible that if the SCHEMA owner is not hardcoded AND you are not using public or private synonyms:

       owner.table
then the second user logon will default to second owners own schema and the Forms will not "see" any of the right tables.

In order to make Forms programming simpler and more consistent, we chose at my last company to make all base views have public synonms and all declarations in Forms would be WITHOUT schema owner. A little messy and risky, but the alternative was to code schemaowner.table for EVERY table reference EVERYWHERE in EVERY module.
(Forms 3, NT 4.0, unix server Oracle 7.3.4)

Robert Proffitt

In article <7hdkss$hfd$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   analyst_user_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I created a few forms that I want available to users who log into the system.
> I think that the user needs to move to the same directory where the .frm and
> .inp files are stored. What is strange is that when I log in as another
> user, some forms work correctly and others do not. Could someone give me some
> insight on what might be the problem?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 18:15:21 CEST

Original text of this message