Re: Measuring concurrent users

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 13 May 1999 02:48:47 GMT

>Hi,
>
>We would like to measure the amount of users that use our Oracle
>databases. Preferably a PL/SQL program that takes snapshots a few times
>a day over a period of a month or so. This to see if whe need more/less
>licenses. Does anybody know where to find such a script?
>
>Greetings,
>William
>
>P.s. I know I should write something using v$session/dbms_job, but I'm
>quite knew at this stuff, so...

If all you want is the max # of users, there is a system variable that shows this. I don't recall exactly, but I believe it is recorded in the alert.log (or one of the other log files) at shutdown. I believe it is also stored live in the database - look in the help for MAX_LICENSES or HIGHWATER LICENSES or something like that.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 04:48:47 CEST

Original text of this message