Re: Urgent!!! Oracle and DB2 Connectivity

From: Chris Petersen <havoc_at_apk.net>
Date: 11 May 1999 15:33:59 GMT

[Quoted] Well, we solved a similar problem with DB2/400 using one of Oracle's Transparent Gateways. A pricely solution, but it makes your DB2 look like [Quoted] another Oracle database to the outside, and allows you to do all kinds of [Quoted] neat things, like creating snapshots, table links into the DB2 from your [Quoted] Oracle, queries, etc. A very, very nice and clean solution from our experience. Be warned, this was a $18k product for DB2/400, so I imagine [Quoted] it's not any better (and probably more expensive) on the S/390.

dloader4 (arul_at_cheerful.com) wrote:
: I have Oracle 8.04 running on HP-UX. I need to access certain tables on the
: DB2 running on S/390 from Oracle. A user running reports needs to get
: information from both Oracle and DB2 tables. Once again Oracle need to read
: certain tables from DB2.
:
: Has some one worked on similar issues? How can this be achieved? Can a link
: be created? and if so how ? What is the best way to have this transparent
: to the user ?
:
: Any help would be most welcome.
: