SQL*Loader and Date Fields

From: Plant Thomas <Thomas.Plant_at_lvh.dnet.it>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:04:18 +0200

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem in using sqlloader:

I have a fixed length text file which is a result from a dump from a Btrieve Database.
Now I have the problem that a certain field which contains a date in format 'YYYYMMDD' sometimes contains all zeros and sometimes contains nothing at all, so when I call sqlldr with this file it discards some records because they have this date with all blanks.
My control file contains the following lines:

data_inizio POSITION(192:199) DATE(8) "YYYYMMDD" NULLIF data_inizio='00000000'

[Quoted] is there a way to say to SQL*Loader to use in the controlfile a line like

                 NULLIF data_inizio='00000000'   OR  NULLIF data_inizio =
BLANKS I tried it this way but obviously it didn't work (since I would not post this message ;-) ).

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thomas Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 17:04:18 CEST

Original text of this message