Re: Reports 2.5 Unix runs for one ORACLE_SID, but not for another...

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 10:13:34 +0200

Mike Rose wrote
> Are you using the same alias each time you run the report?

Thanks for the reply. I am not quite sure I understand what you mean with "alias". The SQL*Net alias? Both are indeed given in tnsnames.ora. But I am not sure if that is what you mean, and if it is used...

Yesterday I saw some postings stating that Developer/2000 is a Oracle 7 product, and uses SQL*Net. Maybe our database uses Net8, while tnsnames.ora is discarded. Still, both databases have been set up at the same time, so I doubt that the DBA has included only one of them in a certain config file. Hmmm, I cannot check such things now :-(

Thanks,

Arjan. Received on Sun May 09 1999 - 10:13:34 CEST

Original text of this message