Problems with GO_FORM

From: jg <jg_at_id.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 08:57:32 -0700

I have an application that navigates through multiples forms using global variables. On a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger, I have the following code:

:global.variable := :block.item; (variable being passed to called form)

IF ID_NULL(FIND_FORM('modulename') THEN

    OPEN_FORM('fmx filename');
ELSE
    GO_FORM('modulename');
END IF; On the calling form, if I change the record and try to navigate to the other form while it's already opened, the GO_FORM will be used but I get an error "This function cannot be performed here."

On the called form, I have a WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED trigger with the EXECUTE_QUERY built-in. I also have a PRE-QUERY at the block level to assign the global variable to the item on the called form.

I would really appreciate any information you may have in correcting my problem. (PLEASE RESPOND TO touine_at_hotmail.com)

Thanks,

J. Received on Sat May 08 1999 - 17:57:32 CEST

Original text of this message