Does Reports 6 Eliminates the Need of Recompilation On the Client Side?

From: Adam Tadjkarimi <adamt_at_hsltd.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:54:58 -0500

[Quoted] This is in line of question I posted earlier on the recompilation of *.RDF files at the client site, a copy is attached.

I would like to know if this issue is addressed in the new Release of Reports 6. The reason I am asking is our clients are not happy with the recompilation and if this is corrected we'll encourage them to upgrade. So, we will be able to give them the *.REP files.

:I was wondering why do we have to compile the
:reports containing PL/Sql (functions, procedures)
:code. We develop SW and provide it to our
:clients, there they have to compile against their
:own Oracle Instances. This is inconvenient in two
:aspects, first we have to give away our developed
:code (the *.RDFs) , second they have to do it
:there which involves manual interference and its
:headaches every time an update or new report is
:released.

:Are you aware of any remedy for this scenario so
:we could only give the *.REPs?

Thanks,
Adam Tadj
adamt_at_hsltd.com

Opinions expressed or questions asked are mine not of my employer. Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 18:54:58 CEST

Original text of this message