ORA-03121 no interface driver connected

From: Rob <undeniable_one_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:58:31 -0400

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review my post.

OS: Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP3

  1. I installed Oracle 8.0.5. Able to connect to the database via SQL*Plus 8.0.
  2. Installed Oracle Application server 3.0.1 for windows NT.

Problem #1

I am able to navigate to the Webserver Manager page "http://host.domain:8888" with Netscape communicator 4.5. When i attempt to do the same with Internet Explorer 4.0 i receive the message "You must specify a valid virtual directory".

Problem #2 (Which may be related to #1)

Whenever i attempt to create a DAD, modify a listener, or manipulate the database instance (ORCL) via the webserver manager i receive the error ORA-03121. Also, if i attempt to run the sever manager "svrmgr23" from a command prompt i receive the same error.

Notes of importance:

(1) For some reason i am unable to launch "Net80 easy config, or Net80
assistant". An hourglass appears for a short time, but eventually goes away, without the program executing..Can someone please provide insight into the matter..?

(2) Both the OAS, and RDBMS are located on the same machine.
When dealing with ORacle 8.0.5, must it be remote from your OAS.?

(3) I was sure to include SQL*Net V2 as part of the OAS install.

Please feel free to email me directly at robertp_at_connectware.ca

Kindest Regards,

Robert Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 01:58:31 CEST

Original text of this message