Re: Forms 4.5 Problem with Dynamic SQL.

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 23:13:24 GMT

Are any stored procedures or functions being called? Remember that they execute with the rights of the owner who compiled them. If these rights don't match the user's rights there might be a problem.

We also had trouble (7.4) with rights granted through ROLES. We had one owner of tables and another owner of procedures. The owner of procedures was granted rights to tables through a ROLE. This, however, was not good enough to compile... It was necessary to grant the writer of the procedures EXPLICIT rights to the tables...This turned out to also be true for sequence generators:

    Function owner.x

         select seqgen.nextval from dual

The owner of the function needed EXPLICIT rights to the sequence generator, not through a ROLE, in order for the user's call to function to execute properly.

Robert Proffitt