Conversion Problem in Pro*C advice needed

From: Dogan Cibiceli <dcib_at_gwl.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 15:48:47 -0600

Hi,

[Quoted]   I have a question dealing with Pro*C and Oracle. Suppose I update a database column whose type is number(17,2) with a float value in Pro*C. [Quoted] How is the float value converted into number ? Rounded, truncated ?? Also if I use my sprintf function to change float into a char string like sprintf(string,"%.2d",float) with 2 digit precision after the point. And Suppose I use this char* value. How much of a difference can [Quoted] I expect ? Does string always reflect correctly what's stored in number(17,2) column? Thanks in advance

Dogan Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 23:48:47 CEST

Original text of this message