Forms 4.5 Problem with Dynamic SQL.

From: Kenny Gump <kgump_at_mylanlabs.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:16:53 -0400

[Quoted] I have an application which first starts a logon screen(a form developed with D2K), this screen allows the user to pick which part of the application they wish to use. It checks security and sets synonyms for the user using forms_ddl and then calls the Main Menu form. One of the forms called from the Main Menu form uses DBMS_SQL dynamic SQL. If I run this form after a forms_ddl statement has been issued it returns an error ORA-00942 table or view does not exist, but, if I run the form stand-alone it works fine. The users have access to the tables and it is not a synonym problem because the dynamic sql is using fully qualified names (i.e. schema.tablename) to avoid any conflict.

I am using Forms 4.5 on Windows 95 but also ported to Sun Solaris and the same thing happens. Database is 7.3.2.3.

Has anyone had a problem with forms_ddl or DBMS_SQL?

Thanks in advance,

Kenny Gump Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 18:16:53 CEST

Original text of this message