Re: Urgent Help Needed -- Forms 4.5

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 15:16:36 GMT

My first question would be, is it so bad to present the user with a print dialog? Even if you are able to get the list of printers, how will the program choose the right one without some help from the user, anyway?

But, let's assume you must have the printer list. I think one might have to write a separate program which has more visibility into the windows API and can get to the list of printers...Perhaps these names can be placed in a local text file (you create a unique name?) and then use the TEXT_IO package in forms to retrieve them....

Just a thought....seems like a lot of work, though.

Good Luck

Robert Proffitt