Re: Designer 2000 / Pb with installation

From: Sylvie Picouet <S.Picouet_at_castsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:08:00 +0100

[Quoted] It was Designer 2000 v2.1.1. for NT4.

The problem occured during the installation of the repository at a time where the installation should proceed without any intervention.

I had the following messages :
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
RME-02124: Failed to execute SQL statement: UPDATE CK_INSTALLED_OBJECTS CI SET CI.CI_CREATED='Y' WHERE CI.CI_STAGE='PRECHECK' AND EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM ALL_SOURCE AO WHERE AO.NAME=CI.CI_NAME AND AO.TYPE= 'PACKAGE')

RME-02123: Failed to parse SQL statement
RME-02105: Oracle error occurred...
CDI-21239 : Error while populating CK_installed_objects

But, with Designer 2000 on my machine, and before I tried to install the Designer Repository, I already had some problems with database connections, because even If I was with an Oracle 7 version, it tried to use a tnsname.ora file in a directory for version 8 (I had to copy the listener.ora and tnsname.ora files from 'network' (oracle 7) to net80 (oracle 8)). I was wondering If the problem for the installation of the Designer Repository could'nt come from the same point ...

Do you have enough information to understand my problems ?

Thanks,

Sylvie.