WEBD, OAS, Intermedia text and oracle 8i

From: Olivier <oveit_at_infeurope.lu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 14:17:31 +0200

[Quoted] We actually developp a project using Oracle 8i, OAS, WEDB and Intermedia Text.

We have actually problems for using Intermedia and Webdd :

  1. UPLOAD WORD document into database threw web interface
    - How can we, directly threw a web interface, upload a word document into a
    blob (we are using the html tag 'input type = file'). For the moment, the solution we found is to us the sqlldr command.
    - Can we use blob type in an insert command ?
    • Is it possible to run the command sqlldr from PL/SQL code ?
    • What is the difference between a CLOB and a BLOB ? What have we to use for Word, excel, pdf... documents ?
  2. DOWLOAD HTML Document from database
    [Quoted] - Once Intermedia has generated the HTML format into a table, how can we
    print the HTML to the web interface without using sqlldr
  3. WEBDB
    [Quoted] - How can we use the "contains" command from intermedia in a wizzard report
    without changing the code generating by webdb ?
    - How change the code in manual reports when the SQL command is to long ?

[Quoted] thank you very much for your answers....

Olivier VEIT
Infeurope Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 14:17:31 CEST

Original text of this message