How to load newlines with SQL*Loader direct?

From: Anatol <azsi_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 05:10:38 GMT

[Quoted] I'm looking for help with the following predicament:

[Quoted] some values that I need to load into an Oracle 8 DB have newlines (\n, chr(10), that thing...) inside them, which need to be preserved. How do I tell the SQL*Loader to do that? I would like it to work in direct, rather than SQL mode, because the data volume is rather substantial.

[Quoted] I did manage to make the SQL*Loader _ignore_ the newlines ( by using "OPTIONALLY DELIMITED BY" clause), but in that case it just concatenated the two lines. I need the newlines to be loaded into the DB, not ignored.

Thanks in advance,

--
[Quoted] Anatol Zolotusky
anatol_at_itn.net