ORACLE MANUFACTURING Data Warehouse - Help!

From: Carlos Jofre Jr. <cjofre_at_gate.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 10:33:02 -0400

Hello!

I am doing an extraction of the OM tables to a secondary Data Warehouse. I am working off of a design already left behind from someone else... Anyway, to make a
long story short, I am using an incremental method where if the LAST_MODIFIED_DATE or CREATION_DATE are greater than the last time I ran this thing, then this row will be brought over. Now this may work nice for rows that only get updated, but do any of the standard OM tables get deleted?
I have been around Oracle PL/SQL for a while, but know very little about the OM App itself... I used to work with a product called Fourgen/Endura (INformix based) that would do total deletion and rewrites of detail tables, when orders get revised.

Does this same type of scenerio also take place in OM?

Thanks for any of your thoughts ahead of time.

Carlos. Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 16:33:02 CEST

Original text of this message