Effects of a rollaback - nubie question

From: david solan <david_solan_at_msc.ie>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:39:25 +0100

Hi there

I pretty new to Oracle etc. so please bear with me.

My application is using connections to Oracle via dbtools.h++ and the logic of the program sometimes issues unnecessary rollbacks. There is never anything outstanding on the transaction when the unnecessary rollback is issued so I am trying to figure out what happens within Oracle and how big is the performance hit on the db. I am unsure what way the db is setup with regards to rollback segments.

Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Dave

p.s. replies by email would be appreciated. Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 12:39:25 CEST

Original text of this message