Re: Insert 90MB data file in one cell

From: Hans Frank Ellefsen Blaasvær <hans_at_olivant.fo>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 14:15:49 +0100

Hi Klim!

Sorry but I can't help you, but maybe you can help me. I am trying to store small files in a LONG RAW column using Forms 5, but I can't find any procedures that read a binary file, and inserts them into the database.

Do I have to use Pro*C for this?

klimsamgin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I use LONG RAW columns to store large binary datafiles in ORACLE7
> under Solaris 2.5 (for example, 90MB file).
> And when I insert this big value in the table's cell
> at a heat, my PRO*C program can't allocate
> enough memory in the system (90MB buffer with data).
> To resolve this trouble, I should insert small
> pieces of this file in the cell(for examle, 1000x90KB, 1000 pieces).
> But how can I do this? Which command need used?
>
> Of couse, I can use 1000 cells, but what about one cell?
>
> Thanks,
> Klim.

Hans Frank Ellefsen Blaasvær          http://heima.olivant.fo/~hans
-The software said Windows95 or better, so I got a Mac...