Re: Forms 4.5 -> Forms 5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1 May 1999 02:53:06 GMT

In article <7gcgia$95l$1_at_hagen.cloud9.co.uk>, Lee Smith <lee.smith_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote:
>I wonder if anyone can help??
>
>I have several forms developed in 4.5 and need to upgrade these to v5. I've
>managed to do this succesfully for every one of these but 1. When I attempt
>to convert this to an fmt file the program crashes and gives the following
>page fault :-
>
>F45DES32 caused an invalid page fault in
>module CORE35.DLL at 0137:00755f26.
>
>An fmt file is created but this then cannot be converted to and fmb in Forms
>5. It appears that the original fmb is in someway corrupt, but I do not know
>how or why.

First, you don't need an fmt file to move to Forms 5. Just open the 4.5 fmb with the Forms 5 builder. (No you can't go the other direction.)

As for a corrupted form, try cleaning it up by doing this in Forms 4.5: Create a new form. Delete all objects in the new form. Set it's coordinate properties to the same values as the old form. Now copy everything from the old form to the new form. I have a script I follow that I can post if anybody wants to see it. The process takes about 5 minutes, and sometimes those misterious problems go away.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Sat May 01 1999 - 04:53:06 CEST

Original text of this message