SQL*NET connections

From: Gopi Balasingam <gopib_at_solect.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 19:13:09 GMT

[Quoted] Hi All,

Sorry for the cross post !

I have been running into some strange problems where the SQLNET connections don't seem to terminate once the session is completed. I have been testing some apps written for the Windows which use the ODBC-SQL*NET layer to connect to the Oracle database instant, but upon doing so any subsequent connections are spawned off as another process on the UNIX box running the database! Is this a limitation to the way SQLNET functions or do all session need a dbclose method in order to terminate the session. If so, this would cause a major problems when running WEBAPPS that use the SQLNET layer because of the simultaneous high hit/connection rate to the database.

Any advice as how to over come this limitation ?

Thanx for you help.

Regards,

Gopi Received on Sat May 01 1999 - 21:13:09 CEST

Original text of this message