Re: Oracle Forms vs. Visual Basic

From: Mike Beach <michael.c.beach_at_boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:07:44 GMT

Let me guess, you heard this from a VB programmer.

I currently do both. I actually find the Oracle Forms easier and quicker for most functionality. That may be because I have done more Oracle than VB so far.

They are very similar, and both very powerful. Probably because of the Oracle platform independence, in terms of non-data related functionality, VB is cleaner and probably more powerful. However, in terms of typical database interaction, the Oracle product provides tremendous default functionality and ease of use.

Hope that helps.