Can you use "If..Then" logic in SQL?

From: Mitch <mabaza25_at_usaDELETE.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:49:54 -0500

    [Quoted]
  • I am programming a VB app that pulls data from an Oracle 8 database into [Quoted] Access for further manipulation. I am trying to figure out if there is a way using either Oracle or Jet SQL to use "If..Then" logic in my SQL query. For example,

"Select Table1.*, Table2.* where Table1.Key = Table2.Key (this is where I'm not sure about the syntax) and If Table2.Price and Table2.Date are NULL then Table1.Price, Table1.Date Else Table2.Price and Table2.Date"

[Quoted] I am sure I could just pull all records from the Oracle database into Access and then use DAO methods to create another recordset that meets the above criteria, but that's bound to be very slow. I'd like to use strictly SQL if possible. Any and all suggestions (Oracle, Access or VB) are appreciated.

Thanks

Mitch Abaza
mabaza25_at_DELETEusa.net

clear "delete" to mail Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 00:49:54 CEST

Original text of this message