Re: Reports 3.0 question

From: <fast_eddy_zoom_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:20:38 GMT

In article <37281079.31970841_at_news.eunet.no>,   obv_at_ssb.no (Ole Bredesen-Vestby) wrote:
> I have a report with a query like
> select * from my_table &p_where
>
> I build the where-statement in Forms, and send it as a parameter when
> the report is called. The report starts in preview-mode.
>
> Q: In reports runtime there is a menu-command: File -> Generate to
> file -> html
> When I try this, after the report is fired in preview-mode, the
> where-statement is ignored. All the data in the table is spooled out
> to the file. Why is this ?

I had a similar problem, and here's a clumsy work-around:

my &p_where contained this text:
Table_Pk IN ('value1','value2',...)

and it didn't work (Table_Pk stands for the table's primary key column(s). What I had to do was to start the text in &p_where with "AND", so it looked like this: AND Table_Pk IN ('value1','value2',...)

If you wanted to try this, remember that you would need to precede &p_where in your final SQL query with an expression that always evaluated to TRUE.

For example, your final query could look like: ...
WHERE
    Table_Pk IS NOT NULL
    &p_where

Good luck.