Graphics Builder - how to scale width of chart?

From: <fast_eddy_zoom_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:55:14 GMT

I'm using a chart of the type Oracle Graphics calls a "column" chart (bar chart with vertical bars). I've embedded the chart into a report generated with Report Builder. Whether I have 1 column in the chart (one data point) or 12 columns (12 data points) the chart is the same width - it changes the width of the columns depending on how many data points there are. In other words, it spreads the width of the column to fill the chart when there's 1 data point, and it trims the width of the columns to squeeze into the same space when there's 12 data points.

What I would like is to hold the width of the individual columns constant and to change the width of the entire chart depending on how many data points I have. How do I dynamically scale the width of the chart to correspond to the number of data points? There appears to be a mechanism in Report Builder whereby I can pass a parameter to Graphics Builder, and in Graphics Builder the chart does have a default parameter named GE_CHART_WIDTH. However, passing a value to that parameter seems to have no effect. (Oracle Developer R2.1)

Thanks in advance for your help!