Re: Problem with Oracle DB pipes

From: Carl Alex Nielsen <can_at_gis.dk>
Date: 28 Apr 1999 13:14:24 GMT

bbrelin_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <7g5cc1$jtr$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> to read pipe2, the read succeeds. I don't get it. I'm having a hard
time
> debugging the read pipe call because the return value from the embedded
SQL
> command (which is turned into C with the Oracle Pro/C precompiler) only
> returns success or failure, not *why* it failed.

have you checked the contents of SQLSTATE, SQLCODE or SQLCA ?

its described in the Programmers Guide to the Oracle Pro*C Precompiler

If you want info on Oracle pipes try reading the DBMS_PIPE package specification
- its in the database in the SYS schema.

--
Carl Alex Friis Nielsen

Love me - Take me as I think I am