Re: SQL Forms 3.0 -multiple records-

From: Paul Hennebry <paul_at_echofine.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:56:26 +0100

In article <7g54u4$cod$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, analyst_user_at_mydejanews. com says...

> I apologize for not being very clear. Block1 is based upon the PHONE_CALL
> table. A phone number is entered into a field in Block1 and I want
> information from that PHONE_CALL table and the CUSTOMER table to populate
> fields in BLOCK2. The problem I had was that I only could get 1 record in
> BLOCK2 where I should get multiple records.
>
> If I were to use the Master-Detail relationship. I would set Block1 as the
> Master and have a Base table of PHONE_CALL. How would I set up BLOCK2?

OK - I apologise as well.

Here is your original query:

SELECT EMPLOYEE, TO_CHAR(EMP_DATE,'MM/DD/YYYY'),

          TO_CHAR(EMP_DATE,'HH:MIAM'),
          PHONE,EMP_TYPE,COMMENTS1,COMMENTS2,COMMENTS3
          FROM EMP
          WHERE PHONE = :YYY_T0.PHONE;

I think you want all these records to appear in block 2. Yes?

If so, then block 1 ill be based on phone_call, and block2 will be based on EMP. Block 2 will be defined as displaying many rows. The default join condition will be where block2.phone=block1.phone. Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 23:56:26 CEST

Original text of this message