OLE document storage in Oracle.

From: <jskingry_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:06:53 GMT

Somebody please help me, I am pretty new to developing in Oracle Forms. We are using forms 4.5 on a 7.X version of Oracle. I need to create a form that will allow the user to store a document of choice (either pdf or doc) in a field in the database. Now I have done this by putting an OLE control on the form and then linking it to the correct table. Now when running the form I have to right mouse click on the object and then browse for the file I want to store and then it embeds the file and stores it when I save the record. That works, the problem is I cannot expect the user to figure that out. I need some way to programmatically store documents in the database, I would like them to type the name of the file in a text field and then press a button to make things happen. I cannot find any information on how to do this in the Oracle docs or help files. Maybe OLE is not the right way to do it? I don't know. Could somebody please give me a little direction on this. Thanks,  Jeremy Kingry jskingry_at_tybrin.com jskingry_at_earthlink.net