Q: quotes within quotes

From: Leona Vo <leona.vo_at_trw.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:57:31 -0700

Hello,
[Quoted] I'm trying to create a lexical variable with the following query:

    select * from table_name
    &where_var;
In my program I have

    :where_var := 'where name = "WHOMEVER"';

Upon running the report I got this error:

    ORA - 00904: Invalid column name select * from table_name where name

  • "WHOMEVER"
I tried single quotes but the compiler would not let me compile. However, if I use double quotes as above I get that error because SQL doesn't take "" in the where clause. Any ideas? Or am I assigning lexical variable incorrectly? How else would I assign a lexical variable?

Thank you. Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 02:57:31 CEST

Original text of this message