Re: NetG Products

From: <chanacampos_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:44:06 GMT

In article <dfjU2.18539$MB3.25651_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,   "Gary Perks" <gcperks_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used or tried the NetG Products
> Oracle is recommending as a training aid
> for DBA certification. What did you think
> of them. Thanks.

I have used the NetG products and much prefer them over almost any other CBT that I've used - including CBTSystems, ForeFront, etc. The only ones who equal them are MindQ's and I think they pretty much stick to Java. The thing I like most about the NetG products are that they provide a simulated environment to work in to try things out - and they pound the concepts into you over and over - something I must need <g>...Oracle's CBTs are expensive and they use a lot of different vendors - I would make sure that what I was buying was either Oracle- produced or NetG - although the Oracle-produced CBTs tend to concentrate on DBA tasks - including a complete office and simulation - it's VERY slick...

Good luck...

Chana Campos