Re: Compare between Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Oracle 8.x

From: Gregory Pfister <pfister_at_us.NOibmSPAM.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:43:44 -0400

ulim_at_freebsd.first.gmd.de wrote:

> In article <3700CFB9.C929143B_at_kdv-dt.de>,
> Werner Warweg <warweg_at_kdv-dt.de> wrote:
> >Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
> >--------------1F0FF137C2707DB3C4B0F3D4
> >
> >> Does anyone have any experience wich database is faster, MS-SQL or
> >> Oracle? Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Kann jemand sagen, welche Datenbank schneller ist, MS-SQL oder Oracle?
>
> Good translation ;-) I think questions of the sort "which car is faster,
> Ferrari or Maserati?" cannot be answered out of context.

I agree, but when I make the comparison I say "which is faster, a Ferrari Formula I entry, or a Ford pickup truck?" So silly it has to be a trick question, right? Then say "What if you need to move a refrigerator?"

Greg Pfister
<not my employers' opinion> Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 19:43:44 CEST

Original text of this message