Re: OO4O bookmarks incompatibility with Microsofts bookmarks

From: (wrong string) önberger <stephan.schoenberger_at_swisslife.ch>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:11:11 +0200

[Quoted] We are using the Apex True DBGrid PRO control version 6.0. This control has an event which gets fired, when a new row gets fetched: Private Sub TDBGridProcesses_FetchRowStyle(ByVal Split As Integer, Bookmark As Variant, ByVal RowStyle As TrueDBGrid60.StyleDisp) This bookmark supports all types of Microsoft standards (ADO, RDO, etc.).

normally within this event you would do the following:

    Set rs = Data1.Recordset.Clone
    rs.Bookmark = Bookmark

 with Oracle:

Dim OraDynaset As OraDynaset

Set OraDynaset = ORADC1.Recordset
OraDynaset.Bookmark = Boomark

which doens't work for the reasons explained.

Oracle mentions that this bookmarks are not compatible, but can they be converted?

Regards,
Stephan