diagnostics and tuning

From: Bruce Watson <Bruce.Watson**NOSPAM**_at_EGarden.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:52:50 +0000

Questions for all you Oracle DBAs: What tools do you use to diagnose problems with Oracle 8i? What tools do you use to help you tune Oracle 8i?

Oracle sells a couple of packages called Oracle Tuning Pack and Oracle Diagnostics Pack. Are they worth having? Are there third party tools that work better, are easier to use, or are less expensive? I'm primarily interested in tools that run on Solaris. I'd hate to waste additional desk space on a windoze machine just to run some diagnostics and tuning tools.

I would appreciate hearing which tools you actually use to help you keep Oracle 8 up and performing well.

--
Bruce Watson

remove **nospam** from return address to reply