Re: Help:What developing tools should we us?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:44:08 +0100

In article <371F40C4.B995E427_at_agyinc.com>, oliver <oliver_at_agyinc.com> writes
>In NT it is easy to create a default Repository. However, there is not such easy
>way to do so for unix. I find there are more that 30 page of guide to follow to
>install the repository. The worse thing is the installation guid i have do not
>reflect the actual file location by default. I really hope I am able to use the
>designer in easy way. Hope somebody has a clue.
>
>Appreciate your reply.

I'm just stunned - didn't realize that the Repository did anything than run a few scripts. I generally just create a new database with plenty of SYSTEM, create a user with dba, etc. privileges and then run the Repository.

Andy