Re: How to pass parameter back to the called form?

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 23 Apr 99 01:45:34 GMT

Hi Valeri:

Thank you very very much for detail explanation.

Thanks,

Valeri Sorokine (vsorokin_at_dd.ru) wrote:
: Hi,

: The package must be in the database :) (not in the Form). The variable
: must have the public scope (must be declared in the package's
: specification).

: Here is an example (in SQL*Plus):

: SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE TEST IS
: 2 tmp_Value NUMBER;
: 3 END TEST;
: 4 /

: Package created.

: SQL> execute test.tmp_value := 4;

: PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

: SQL> variable tmp number;
: SQL> execute :tmp := test.tmp_value;

: PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

: SQL> print tmp

: TMP
: ----------
: 4

: When you will open the second form do it without creating new session.

: Hope this helps.

: Good Luck.
: Valeri

: suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca wrote:
: >
: > Hi Valeri:
: >
: > Thank you very much for your reply.
: >
: > Would you mind to show me an example how to use package variable, please?
: > Will the package in the calling form or the package in the callled form?
: >
: > Thanks,
: >
: > Valeri Sorokine (vsorokin_at_dd.ru) wrote:
: > : Or package's variable
: >
: > : Frank van Bortel wrote:
: > : >
: > : > Use global variables
: > : >
: > : > suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca wrote:
: > : >
: > : > > If I use OPEN_FORM or CALL_FORM to call up a 2nd form, is there any
: > : > > way to return a value back to the called form from the calling form?

: --
: Valeri Sorokine
: ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
: Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
: E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoft.ru
: http://www.dd.ru

--
Best regards,