Re: emailing from Oracle PL/SQL programs

From: Richard Clapp <clapp_at_cbemg.cb.lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:12:19 -0400

Your environment is also a factor. You can spool out items as well, or insert the message into a holding table and just have a repetitive job setup to check it frequently and transfer the data outside the database to an email client of some sort. There are a variety of ways to do this without anything but a full standard install of ORACLE.

Richard CLapp
Columbus, Oh
rclapp_at_columbus.rr.com