Migration from V7 to V8 on HP-UX 10.20

From: Marc Durand <duranma_at_mail.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:21:09 GMT

Hello,

I am currently using a system using the following (partial) configuration :

Hardware

  • HP 9000/T520 running HP-UX 10.20

Custom application software using

  • Oracle Server 7.3.2.1
  • PL/SQL 2.3.2
  • Pro/C 2.2.2
  • OCI 7.?
  • SQLNet release ?? to connect to a K460 and an H70 boxes

and am looking to upgrade to some 8.x release.

To make the smoothest upgrade, I am trying to gather any and all experience from people having gone through a similar task.

In addition, I have some specific questions :

  1. Which of the 8.x release appears the most stable, while adding some new useful features in the areas performance and manageability ?
  2. Where there some backward compatibility issues for the application ? If so from which modules (Pro/C, OCI, ....) ?
  3. Where changes necessary to the platform / OS configuration ?Like adding memory and/or changing some kernel parameters.
  4. Was there some performance changes (everything else being equal) ?
  5. Is it possible to exchange some data between a V8 and a V7 release using SQLNet ?

Thank you for all your replies.

Marc Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 19:21:09 CEST

Original text of this message