Re: Migrating Forms 3.0 and Report 1.0

From: Emis Technical <technical_at_emis.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:09:36 +0100

There is a way to convert RPT reports.

Emis Ltd can supply a tool kit that automatically creates a PL/SQL report from the RPT source. This is great as there is no user intervention required, you convert them not a third party, and the report printed output is therefore reliably identical. RPT's that are used for data modification are also supported.

Not only is the turnaround time very quick but the costs are low as the licence can be such that there is no restriction on the number of conversions. As PL/SQL is part of the core Oracle licence there are no additional licence costs. In addition the new source is very readable and may be readily edited by an RPT programmer for maintenance.

Take a look at http://www.emis.co.uk/new/Products/Products.htm or e-mail me for more info.

Dick Cummings