Re: Oracle Form - ORDER BY clause

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:05:19 +0200

Geoff White wrote:

> It is my understanding that you cannot use a function in the ORDER BY clause
> of a base table block - only a column name belonging to the base table or a
> form item.

SOrt of, you _can_ use a function, but indeed it needs to refer to a base table column or a form item, and I do not see where tape_id comes from. If it's on the form, the call should be sort_movie_tile_fn(:tape_id)

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle
V&L Informatica BV
Work                           Home
Postbus 545                    Hunzestraat 4
7500 AM Enschede               7555 WB Hengelo
(31)53.434.1500                (31)74.242.5046